Welcome to the Counter UAS Network – an independent information resource proudly serving defence, law enforcement and security professionals worldwide.
We aim to identify new technologies, strategies, and tactics for countering threat from hostile unmanned aerial systems. We strive to deliver an up-to-date, first-hand expert knowledge, and facilitate information sharing between stakeholders, academia and the industry through the regular news updates, insights and in-depth analysis available to the Counter UAS Network subscribers.
As technology advances and armed forces around the world continue to leverage the advantages of unmanned aerial systems in combat and counter terrorism and insurgency operations, hostile nations, terrorist organisations, and criminals are racing to develop and procure low-cost UASs themselves. The size and composite materials used in UAS production make them inherently difficult to detects and defeat with traditional force protection measures and short-range air defence (SHORAD) systems. Hostile UAS operations, however, are not limited to the battlefield and asymmetric, low intensity conflict scenarios; unmanned aerial systems have already been used to disrupt people daily routines at home and violate traditional security measures surrounding airports, nuclear facilities, sporting venues, etc. We must assume localities of vital interest are being watched and could be targeted at any time.
- US official: Biden fortified Saudi’s Patriot missile supply
March 21, 2022
- Yemen rebels launch barrage of strikes on Saudi sites
March 20, 2022
- China in a microwave weapon great leap forward
March 17, 2022
- Moscow says it ‘downed Bayraktar TB2 drone’ in Kyiv region
March 17, 2022
- US sending suicide drones, grenade launchers, and anti-tank weapons to Ukraine
March 16, 2022
- GAO: Science & Tech Spotlight – Counter-Drone Technologies
March 15, 2022
- Croatia: Drone that crashed in Zagreb carried a bomb
March 13, 2022
- IRNA: Iran among 6 world countries producing laser weapons
March 12, 2022